All across Massachusetts, commercial trucks are a common site. These trucks are the preferred method of companies hauling their products from place to place and motorists in our state share our highways with them on a daily basis. Unfortunately, drivers of these trucks are just as prone to negligence or recklessness as any other driver on the road. When this happens, serious crashes can occur involving catastrophic injury and even death. If you find yourself involved in a commercial truck crash, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
Follow These Steps After a Truck Accident:
1. Check on everyone: Of course, the first priority is ensuring that everyone is safe immediately after the crash. Check on any other drivers and passengers involved in the crash and secure medical treatment for any injured victims as soon as possible
2. Call the Police: Emergency responders are vital after a crash. They provide needed medical assistance and secure the crash scene to ensure that passing vehicles are not a threat to yours and others safety.
3. Exchange information: You should record all insurance information as well as all identifying information about the truck. Take down any numbers that you see on both the cab as well as the trailer as they may be owned by different entities and could be covered under a variety of insurance policies.
4. Take pictures: The evidence collected at the scene is crucial. You need to properly document your accident to ensure that you know what happened later on as time passes and your memory begins to fade. Do not assume that others at the scene will preserve evidence of the crash.
5. Get an attorney: Going against a trucking company can be intimidating and difficult. There could be millions of dollars at issue and you cannot afford a single mistake. An experienced Massachusetts truck accident attorney is vital to ensuring the success of your claim.
Massachusetts Truck Accident Attorney
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Glassman, our team comes with the experience you need to handle any Massachusetts truck accident case. If you or a loved one have been injured by a commercial vehicle, call our Boston office today at 617-367-2900 for a free consultation with one of our attorneys.
Note for readers: Information provided in this post is gathered from secondary sources and not independently confirmed for accuracy. Please bring to our attention any inaccuracies that may be included so they may be corrected, or information removed as requested.
DISCLAIMER: Information provided in this post is not intended to be used as legal or medical advice, nor disrespect the victims or families in any way. We are providing this post for general information on everyday tragedies and presented in a manner to protect and honor the victims and their families. Minor differences can change the outcome of cases, based on jurisdictional laws. The information provided in this post should not be relied upon as legal or medical advice. We suggest seeking assistance from legal or medical professionals for your personal circumstance, when necessary.